Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Interior Wood

Ceiling Wood with "Exposed Beams"
Rear Side Wall "Before" - see that wire?
This is the ONLY electrical coming in this trailer.
It will be a light with an electrical outlet at thebase.
One of the two rear wood panels.
I made a pattern out of paper, and when I reversed it...
It actually worked on both sides of the trailer.

I was shocked, as this was my first (and ONLY)
near total tear down and rebuild.

I applied three coats of amber shellac to each piece of wood prior to installing. 
Now all I will need to do (after filling the staple holes) will be one final sanding and to
apply one final coat of finish for it to be complete. 
MUCH easier than trying to apply shellac overhead in the heat. 
The single "kitchen" cabinet.
The "counter" is an old aluminum suitcase I deconstructed and then
made into a kitchen counter.
Most people come in and attempt to open the suitcase,
so apparently I did a fairly decent job of it.

This is a "dry" kitchen. This trailer is not intended to do any actual camping.
It could, mind you...but you would need to bring a hotplate and a cooler....

Prior to the "cabinet" being installed.
Lots of trim work left to put in....
This is the front dinette area.
...and the rear bed / couch area.
Still waiting on the upholstery fabric to arrive...this is the lining fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment